Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
LaunchMate Forum « Why third party software?? »

LaunchMate Forum
   General
   Talk
(Moderator: TDRWare)
   Why third party software??
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Why third party software??  (Read 568 times)
bjdbrad
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Why third party software??
« on: Jan 6th, 2003, 8:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I stopped using my favorites a long time ago for the most part. I use quick launch and the links feature for quick access to my programs or apps that I want to launch. Other than remembering settings (which is a nice feature) why else would I want to use a third party program for the process of finding my important apps?  

As you can guess I Like to tinker with my windows, thats why I am interested in the first place. However I have been recently hit with some very evasive software that I cant uninstall so I Like to ask authors if any spyware or freeware is included with your program dont like downloading new software without some pre planning such as this though because I have often been surprised by add on features and the like that I'm not really looking for. And I thought maybe a shot of life might get your forum up and off the ground.

You have to be careful with any program so it doesnt end up the way the favorites or bookmarks do in most computers with so many websites that it gets really cumbersome after awhile. I'm not holding your feet in the fire here, thats sorta hard to do with a free program.......lol.......

Brad
IP Logged
bjdbrad
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Why third party software??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 3:05am »

I was wondering why there was no posts or responses on this message board. Its beginning to make sense. I guess the people here have no opinions on the program good or bad.
IP Logged
TDRWare
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28th, 2003, 9:25pm »

To answer your question about spyware, there are no other programs installed with LaunchMate.

I'm not sure about the first question are you asking to be convinced to use LaunchMate. It's a personal preference if you like it great if not I won't feel bad it's not for everyone.
IP Logged
bjdbrad
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28th, 2003, 11:23pm »

I guess in the short run I was asking if you felt it was better than the things that come with windows, in a sense I may have been asking if you felt it was better or if it was just a program you made. My main question was about anything intrusive in your software and you answered that so I will probably give it a try.  

Thanks for response

Brad
IP Logged
DonM

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 9th, 2003, 8:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

LaunchMate is the best program launching software ever! Even if it does a few minor bugs. Although I would like to see the memory leak fixed.
IP Logged
threenorns
YaBB Junior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:35am »

why third-party software?

for the same  reason you don't buy a prebuilt system:  just because a company makes a decent operating system doesn't mean it makes a decent application, *especially* when said applications/operating systems were designed and built by committee.

i have more confidence in programs designed and built from the ground up by someone who doesn't have a million other projects on the go.

3n
IP Logged
d_spider
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 2nd, 2005, 1:42am »

The short answer is:  because Microsoft doesn't do things fast enough, or well enough, to suit people who want to _enjoy_ using their computers.  (I don't use Outlook Express anymore, so I can't say if or when M$ fixed the bug that put a "~" file on my desktop at strange intervals; the file was part of the Address Book, it was a well-known bug, and M$ couldn't take the trouble to fix it.  Then, Task Scheduler typically would not let a user delete part of its log file, and that may still be true.  And Task Scheduler had a security problem that no M$ people even admitted to, for years. And...)

D_Spider
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »

LaunchMate Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.