Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 8:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
LaunchMate Forum « Won't popout on top problem »

LaunchMate Forum
   Support
   Help
(Moderator: TDRWare)
   Won't popout on top problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Won't popout on top problem  (Read 84 times)
Fidcal
YaBB Newbie

Won't popout on top problem
« on: Jan 1st, 2004, 12:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Been looking for a replacement for the terrible M$oft taskbar for a long time and downloaded Launchmate the other day. Looks very good but have one or two problems (I'm running Windows 98 first edition and have Launchmate docked on the left of the screen)...

The main one is that it will not pop out 'on top'. Yes, I have the option set but it makes no difference. This problem makes it close to unuseable when I have several full windows open as I cannot access Launchmate at all. I have to minimize them all. For example, I am typing this in a Notepad clone, full screen. I move the mouse to screen left just as I would for the Windows taskbar but Launchmate won't pop out. I have to minimize the notepad, then minimize my Internet browser, then my email program, then my newsreader and finally I can get Launchmate to appear.

I have tried setting hot key, a taskbar icon, and a system tray icon. I do not see what the purpose of these is. When I click on them I get nothing even if there are no windows visible anyway. I mean, what is the purpose of 'activating' Launchmate if it is already running? It does not pop out or anything. If I set the taskbar bar and then use Alt TAB to tab through the running programs I can see the Launchmate icon. So what? I select it but it does not appear even with a blank desktop. What is this option for then? I was hoping these options would be like the Windows key that forces the Windows taskbar up when it is being difficult.

Other suggestions: separate toolbars, that is divider sections. I had taskbar toolbars for eg, net, system, tools, docs, etc. In launchmate, if I use categories they are not all visible but I have to first select the category. I'd rather have all buttons visible so have to had to use one category and space out everything with space buttons to force each 'section' on to a new line. This was tedious and not convenient to add new ones.

But the concept of Launchmate itself is excellent and very flexible. What's new in V4? If I download and run it won't it override my current Launchmate? I mean, is it fully working?
IP Logged

Fidcal
TDRWare
YaBB Administrator

Re: Won't popout on top problem
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 1:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

sorry for the late reply. Is LaunchMate set to always on top?  

The hotkey makes LaunchMate the active window it does not show it if it is autohidden. If LaunchMate was not set to always on top pressing the hotkey would bring it to the top. I will look in to showing a autohidden window when the hotkey is pressed.

Thank you for your suggestion I will consider it. Someone else suggested a similiar concept which is global categories. These are categories that show up in every category. So for example if you wanted a button to show up in every category you could put it in a global category. I may put that feature in LM4.

LM4 is not complete and it will not in anyway affect LM3. The data is stored in different locations.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

LaunchMate Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.