Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 6:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
LaunchMate Forum « New Versions? »

LaunchMate Forum
   Support
   Help
(Moderator: TDRWare)
   New Versions?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Versions?  (Read 307 times)
hulland
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

New Versions?
« on: Jan 30th, 2003, 11:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I WAS going to ask if there are any upgrades planned for the future, but I have to say this is the WORST forum site I have visited-full of errors-look at Mihov's  forum, fast & user friendly-taken me 35 minutes just to post this single message-not worth the hassle !!  

Sorry guys-GREAT prog (Launchmate)spoilt by this slow, ponderous forum.Only prob I have with Launchmate is it loses its icons periodically and goes back to the default ones (Win 98 SE Pent 1, 64MB RAM)which is a pain in the butt.

Regards Ian (Island of Malta)
IP Logged
mbwk
YaBB Junior Member

Go get LaunchMate!!!

Re: New Versions?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3rd, 2003, 1:14am »

Sorry to say this mate, but I have no speed problem with the forum, works ok overhere in Spain, maybe an internet connection speed problem (try using traceroute or PingPlotter to see this)?

Btw I've never lost an icon on my 10 bars with about 10-30 icons each however you really ought to look at your system more closely. Win 98SE with only 64MB is really asking for problems. With 64 MB it would be better to run Win95 (lighter on resources) or upgrade your system to 128MB to have it at least stable. Get a memory analisis program from some freeware site and you will see that you only have about 1 or 2 MB of free physical memory.

Would be nice to have a little more feedback from TDRware though. Doesn't seem to be much intention as to a new version.
IP Logged

Linux is like a wigwam, no Windows, no Gates, and an Apache inside....
Launchmate is like a chameleon, doesn't hurt, my change color and always looks good...
TDRWare
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28th, 2003, 9:16pm »

There will be a new test version soon. Sorry to hear about your troubles with the forum. As for losing your icons. It may be the case that you are running low on resources. The next version of LaunchMate will use less resources. It will only load the icons as needed instead of in the current LaunchMate all icons are loaded for all categories.
IP Logged
threenorns
YaBB Junior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:32am »

forums are working great in northeastern ontario.  pages come up pretty much instantly on dialup over 50-yr-old overland phone lines at -38C.

3n
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

LaunchMate Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.